Thanks for Thanksgiving by Julie Markes is a sweet story about a family getting ready to celebrate Thanksgiving.
The pictures are rich and full of details; each picture tells its own story! Compare the pictures in the story toThanksgiving preparations at your house! And, most important, use the story to continue your family discussion of thankfulness.
Use these ideas to stretch the story with your child:
- Talk about the detailed pictures, name as many things as you can with your child.
- Ask them to point to the __.
- Use the pictures to count: pumpkins, pets, windows, toys, hats.
- Look for a/b patterns in the pictures
- How many pets are there in this busy house?
Keep the focus on family and thankfulness and your
holiday will bring you much happiness!